Wednesday, April 1st our phones will be down for the day, but please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are open on Easter Weekend! Doors open at 9:30am, no one admitted after at 5:00pm but the park stays open until 6:00pm.
The mission of Austin Zoo is to assist animals in need through rescue, rehabilitation and education. Located on the southwest edge of Austin off of Highway 290 West and Circle Drive, Austin Zoo is a pleasant Hill Country zoo where visitors from around the world can come to learn about animals close-up, spend some time outdoors getting exercise and have fun. Read More
Easter Egg Hunt
It’s only two weeks until our annual Easter egg hunt on April 4 at 8:30am on the Zoo grounds. Advance reservations must be made by 5pm on April 2 to participate. $3 per child for nonmembers. Members hunt for free. Call 512-288-1490 for more details and to reserve your spot!
Austin Zoo Revue
On May 9, 2015, from 6:00pm to 10:00pm, “Austin Zoo Revue” will feature the creative work of twelve Austin area artists. Last fall these twelve artists were chosen in a juried competition to lend their talent to a fiberglass animal assigned to them, ranging in size from a piglet to a North American Bobcat. Read More
Daily Zoo Activities
Training and Enrichment
- • 11:30am: Primate Training
- • 12:30pm: Tortoise Feeding and Zookeeper Q&A (weather permitting.)
- • 1:30pm: Black Bear Cub Training
- • Wednesdays & Saturdays at 2:00pm: Alligator Feeding
Story Time and Enrichment
- • Mondays at 1:15pm: Creating enrichment toys in the Picnic Grove.
- • Tuesdays at 11:15am & 1:15pm: Story Time in the Primate Pavilion.
- • Wednesdays at 11:45am: Creating enrichment toys in the Picnic Grove.
- • Thursdays at 11:15am & 1:15pm: Story Time in the Primate Pavilion.