The mission of Austin Zoo is to assist animals in need through rescue, rehabilitation and education. Located on the southwest edge of Austin off of Highway 290 West and Circle Drive, Austin Zoo is a pleasant Hill Country zoo where visitors from around the world can come to learn about animals close-up, spend some time outdoors getting exercise and have fun. Read More
“Swing Into Summer” Photo Contest 2015!
Our “Swing Into Summer 2015 Photo Contest” kicks off on Friday, May 1st! We encourage photographers of all ages to enter. This photograph of Solomon was our 2014 winner, photograph courtesy of Peggy K.
- First Day of Contest — Friday, May 1, 2015.
- Last Day to Enter Photos — Friday, May 29, 2015.
- One entry per person — Photo must be from Austin Zoo.
- First Prize — Family of Four Membership for One Year.
- Second Prize — Two Person Membership for One Year.
- Third Prize — Family Four Pack Guest Passes.
For additional information and contest rules and regulations, Read Here.
The Rusty Mule presents:
Father’s Day Arts and Crafts
Saturday, June 20 from 11:30am-1:30pm: All ages are welcome, so come out and celebrate Dad! Free with zoo admission.
Austin Zoo Revue Was an Outstanding Success!
We wanted to give a big thanks to all of our sponsors, donors, artists, volunteers, and attending guests for all of your support at this year’s Austin Zoo Revue and Grand Gala! Your generous contributions will help us further our mission to assist animals in need through rescue, rehabilitation, and education. Thanks to caring people like yourselves, we are able to provide our rescued animals the safe haven they so deserve.
Daily Zoo Activities
Training and Enrichment
- • 11:30am: Primate Keeper Talk
- • 12:30pm: Tortoise Keeper Talk (weather permitting.)
- • 1:30pm: Black Bear Cub Keeper Talk
- • Tuesdays & Saturdays at 2:30pm: Alligator Keeper Talk
Story Time and Enrichment
- • Mondays at 1:15pm: Creating enrichment toys in the Picnic Grove.
- • Tuesdays at 11:15am & 1:15pm: Story Time in the Primate Pavilion.
- • Wednesdays at 11:45am: Creating enrichment toys in the Picnic Grove.
- • Thursdays at 11:15am & 1:15pm: Story Time in the Primate Pavilion.