The mission of Austin Zoo is to assist animals in need through rescue, rehabilitation and education. Located on the southwest edge of Austin off of Highway 290 West and Circle Drive, Austin Zoo is a pleasant Hill Country zoo where visitors from around the world can come to learn about animals close-up, spend some time outdoors getting exercise and have fun. Read More
Spring Break Seasonal Help
March 12 – 20, 2016
Parking Lot Attendants
Meet The Cougar Cubs!
Roxy, Willow & Oliver are ready to greet visitors! The cubs will be in their habitat each day sometime between 12:00-2pm!
Our Zookeepers have compiled a new Amazon Wish List just for the baby cougars!
Easter Egg Hunt Registration!
- When – Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 8:30AM
- Non-members will be charged regular Zoo admission (no Groupon, Living Social, etc. vouchers will be accepted) and an additional $3 per child hunting.
- Austin Zoo Members can hunt for free! Click here for more information about becoming a member.
- Advanced reservations are required! Please call 512-288-1490 to register.
- The East Egg hunting is for children ages 2YRS to 12YRS. Children under 2YRS that would like to participate, can, but will be charged the $3 fee for the child hunting. Under 2YRS regular Zoo admission is, as always, free.
- Please bring your own baskets as we will not provide any!
Come out and meet the Easter Bunny! He’ll be hopping around the Zoo during the hunt as well as during the day.
Austin Zoo Revue
& Grand Gala 2016
Save the date, Saturday, May 14th for Austin Zoo Revue & Grand Gala, one of our most popular fundraisers of the year! Tickets may be purchased by calling our Gift Shop at 512-288-1490.
- Where – Austin Zoo
- When – 6-10:00pm
- Tickets – $100 per person
- Catering by Gourmet Gals
- Locally sourced beer and wines
- 6 fiberglass animals transformed into works of art
- Live and silent auctions
- Zookeeper talks
Sponsorships are available at several levels. Visit the Austin Zoo Revue page for more information.
New to the Zoo:
This spring join us for Zoo Tots! The program is designed for a parent/guardian and a child to spend time learning together! Each month will feature a new theme. Weekly classes will focus on the monthly theme. Visit animal exhibits to get the inside scoop on their care and life history, participate in hands-on activities such as crafts or science experiments. Take home a follow-up lesson to reinforce learning.
- When: Tuesdays beginning March 1, 2016
- Time: 11 AM – 12 PM
- Price: $5 for one parent/guardian and child, $3 for a second child. (Non-members must also pay zoo admission.)
- Ages: 2 -5 year olds and parent/guardians
- Meeting Location: Education Building/Events Pavilion
For more information about educational activities at Austin Zoo, visit our Education Page.
Austin Zoo Patch Scavenger Hunt!
Complete on your own, or with some friends, or even with a larger group such as through scouting, a school class, or homeschoolers. Download and complete our specifically designed scavenger hunt to learn more about animals and the important mission of the Austin Zoo as a forever home for rescued animals.
Click here for more information and to download the Scavenger Hunt packet!
When you have completed all of the required patch activities at the Austin Zoo, stop by the gift shop to purchase either a Tiger or Peacock patch!
Daily Zoo Activities
Training and Enrichment
- • 11:00: Black Bear Cub Keeper Talk
- • 11:30am: Primate Keeper Talk