Austin Zoo is a great location for a birthday party.
For reservations, please call our Gift Shop at (512) 288-1490 and provide your preferred date and time for the party, your name, the birthday person’s name, your contact information, the estimated number of guests and payment information.
Cost and Payment
- Our birthday party rate for 15 people or more is $6.00 per person as long as one person pays the total bill. Any guests paying their own admission in the Gift Shop are not offered the discount and will be charged regular zoo admission.
- A $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of the booking for all birthday party reservations and will be applied to the total cost of your party. Example: If you have 20 guests arrive, the cost is $120.00 for admission. We will deduct the $50.00 deposit from this total when you close out your tab, and you will owe the difference of $70.00.
- All venue fees are due in full at the time of booking.
- Final Payment is due before you and your party guests leave the zoo or before the Gift Shop closes at 5:00pm–whichever occurs first.
- We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and cash.
- Austin Zoo has three private venues available for rent: the Peacock Barn, the Primate Pavilion and the Events Pavilion.
- These venues are available on a first-come, first-served reservation basis for three time slots: 10:00am – 12:00pm, 12:30pm – 2:30pm, or 3:00pm – 5:00pm. Have your party on a weekday (Monday-Friday) and receive half off the regular venue price!
- The Peacock Barn is located next to the Discovery Center (Reptile House), Train Station and Petting Corral. It is available for $75 per time block ($37.50 if the party is a weekday (Monday-Friday) event). It is outdoors and enclosed on three sides.
- The Primate Pavilion is located on top of the hill next to our Primate Palace and is available for $75.00 per time slot ($37.50 if the party is a weekday (Monday-Friday) event). It is outdoors and gated with fencing along each side.
- Our newest venue, the Events Pavilion, is 875 sq. ft., indoor, temperature-controlled and located in our Education Building. It is available for $150.00 per time slot ($75 if the party is a weekday (Monday-Friday) event).
- Venue fees are due in full at the time of booking.
- To see pictures of the venue spaces, Click Here
- A guest list (including family members) must be provided when you arrive on the day of the party.
- All guests should be advised to check in at the Gift Shop as they arrive, so we can mark them as present on the provided guest list.
- Your list will be used to calculate the total number of guests in attendance and the total cost for the party.
- You will not be charged for absent guests.
- You may bring food and drinks into the Zoo.
- Pizza delivery to the Zoo is available from Pizza Hut (512) 358-0000, Mr. Gatti’s (512) 583-8098, Domino’s (512) 288-8886, or Craig O’s (512) 891-7200.
- Plastic leopard and zebra print tablecloths are available for purchase for $6.00 each in the Gift Shop.
- We have one charcoal grill available for use, provided the burn ban is not on.
- Charge for use of the grill is $10.00.
- Grill must be reserved ahead of time.
- You must supply your own charcoal & lighter.
- Decorations are not provided by the Zoo, but you are welcome to bring them with you.
- These items must stay in the picnic area or your private venue.
New! Austin Zoo Goodie Bags and Invitations
- Austin Zoo Goodie Bags and Invitations are now available to purchase for your party!
- Buy 20 invitations for $15.00 (or $.75 each), plus tax. Important: we must mail you these invitations, so keep this in mind when you book your party.
- Goodie Bags are $5.00 each (plus tax) and include a variety of small Austin Zoo gift shop merchandise.
- You must purchase these in advance (preferrably when you book your party).
- Train rides are available on the hour for $2.50 per person.
- To make special arrangements for your group, call (512) 970-2987.
- Food for our petting corral area is available in the Gift Shop for $2.50 per bag.
New! Austin Zoo Birthday Package
Let us take off some of the pressure of planning your party! This birthday package includes:
- Venue Time Slot (Events, Primate or Peacock), Animal Experience Show, 20 Austin Zoo admissions, 20 Austin Zoo invitations, 20 Goodie Bags, 10 Animal Feed Bags
Events Pavilion Package -$495.00 ($100 damage deposit also necessary for this venue)
Primate Pavilion Package -$425.00
Peacock Barn Package -$425.00
Important: Any additional admissions can be purchased for $6.00 per person on the day of your party. Birthday Package parties will not pay the $50 nonrefundable deposit; any additional admissions must be paid for on the day of the party. There are no refunds for unused admissions, goodie bags, invitations or any other part of the package. You can add additional goodie bags, invitations and/or animal feed – the additional cost per item will be placed on the package price when you book your party.
Reschedules and Cancellations
- If you need to reschedule or cancel a reservation, please call our Gift Shop at (512) 288-1490 as soon as possible.
- Austin Zoo welcomes reschedules at any time without penalty.
- The $50.00 deposit is non-refundable.
- If you must cancel, 50% of the venue fee will be refunded if you cancel at anytime up to two weeks prior to your event date. No refunds will be given within 14 days of your event date.
Austin Zoo is excited to offer private tours as an enhancement to your Zoo experience. Have you ever wondered why tigers have white spots behind their ears or how high a serval can jump? Come and learn the personal stories of many of our rescued animals as you are guided through our zoo on a 90 minute private tour. Enjoy learning about tigers, primates, lions, parrots and more!
Tour Pricing includes Zoo admission.
- $26 per adult (13+)
- $18 per child (2-12)
- $16 per person involved in educational tours such as Scout tours.
Maximum number of guests: 15
Advanced reservations are required. Email Toni at email@example.com call 512-288-1490 to schedule your tour. Payment for special programming is required at the time of reservation. Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance or payment will be forfeited.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this behind-the-scenes?
- No, we do not offer any behind-the-scenes access. Our rescued animals have private “bedrooms” where they can go in and out of as they please thoughout the day. Only paid staff members are allowed in these areas.
- Can I use a coupon for payment?
- No. Passes, vouchers and coupons are not valid as payment for private tours.
- Is the tour of the entire Zoo?
- Yes, our tour guide will take you through the whole Zoo. Your payment includes enjoying our Zoo for the entire day, so feel free to make a day of it!
- Can we request some of the tour to be about a specific animal?
- Yes, please be sure to discuss this with the reservationist at the time of booking so we may accommodate you.
- What if it rains?
- We are open rain or shine; however, you may reschedule your tour without penalty at any time. If you do not show up for your tour and do not contact us, your payment will be forfeited.
- I am a member of Austin Zoo. Do I get a discount?
- Yes, please be sure to mention this to your reservationist at the time of booking so we may apply the discount for you.