Austin Zoo is a great location for a birthday party.
For reservations, please call our Gift Shop at (512) 288-1490 and provide your preferred date and time for the party, your name, the birthday person’s name, your contact information, the estimated number of guests and payment information.
Cost and Payment
- Our birthday party rate for 15 people or more is $6.00 per person as long as one person pays the total bill. Any guests paying their own admission in the Gift Shop are not offered the discount and will be charged regular zoo admission.
- A $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of the booking for all birthday party reservations and will be applied to the total cost of your party. Example: If you have 20 guests arrive, the cost is $120.00 for admission. We will deduct the $50.00 deposit from this total when you close out your tab, and you will owe the difference of $70.00.
- All venue fees are due in full at the time of booking.
- Final Payment is due before you and your party guests leave the zoo or before the Gift Shop closes at 5:00pm–whichever occurs first.
- We accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover and cash.
- Austin Zoo has three private venues available for rent: the Peacock Barn, the Primate Pavilion and the Events Pavilion.
- These venues are available on a first-come, first-served reservation basis for three time slots: 10:00am – 12:00pm, 12:30pm – 2:30pm, or 3:00pm – 5:00pm. Have your party on a weekday (Monday-Friday) and receive half off the regular venue price!
- The Peacock Barn is located next to the Discovery Center (Reptile House), Train Station and Petting Corral. It is available for $75 per time block ($37.50 if the party is a weekday (Monday-Friday) event). It is outdoors and enclosed on three sides.
- Primate Pavilion is located on top of the hill next to our Primate Palace and is available for $75.00 per time slot ($37.50 if the party is a weekday (Monday-Friday) event). It is outdoors and fenced.
- Our newest venue, the Events Pavilion, is 875 sq. ft., indoor, temperature-controlled and located in our Education Building. It is available for $150.00 per time slot ($75 if the party is a weekday (Monday-Friday) event).
- Venue fees are due in full at the time of booking.
- To see pictures of the venue spaces, Click Here
- A guest list (including family members) must be provided when you arrive on the day of the party.
- All guests should be advised to check in at the Gift Shop as they arrive, so we can mark them as present on the provided guest list.
- Your list will be used to calculate the total number of guests in attendance and the total cost for the party.
- You will not be charged for absent guests.
- You may bring food and drinks into the Zoo.
- Pizza delivery to the Zoo is available from Pizza Hut (512) 358-0000, Mr. Gatti’s (512) 583-8098, Domino’s (512) 288-8886, or Craig O’s (512) 891-7200.
- Plastic leopard and zebra print tablecloths are available for purchase for $6.00 each in the Gift Shop.
- We have one charcoal grill available for use, provided the burn ban is not on.
- Charge for use of the grill is $10.00.
- Grill must be reserved ahead of time.
- You must supply your own charcoal & lighter.
- Decorations are not provided by the Zoo, but you are welcome to bring them with you.
- These items must stay in the picnic area or your private venue.
- Train rides are available on the hour for $2.50 per person.
- To make special arrangements for your group, call (512) 970-2987.
Food for our petting corral area is available in the Gift Shop for $2.50 per bag.
Reschedules and Cancellations
- If you need to reschedule or cancel a reservation, please call our Gift Shop at (512) 288-1490 as soon as possible.
- Austin Zoo welcomes reschedules at any time without penalty.
- The $50.00 deposit is non-refundable.
- If you must cancel, 50% of the Safari Greg fee and venue fee will be refunded if you cancel at anytime up to two weeks prior to your event date. No refunds will be given within 14 days of your event date.
Austin Zoo is excited to announce we are now offering private tours as an enhancement to your Zoo experience. Have you ever wondered how Leroy, our 15-year-old African lion, came to call Austin Zoo his home? Come and learn the personal stories of many of our animals as you are guided through our zoo on a 45-minute tour. Enjoy learning about tigers, primates, lions and even a red kangaroo named Jason.
Reservations are required and must be made at least 3 weeks in advance. Payment in full is required at the time of reservation.
Call (512) 288.1490 to schedule your tour and obtain pricing information.
Reservations close when the maximum capacity of 12 persons is reached.
Cancellations must be made 14 days in advance or payment will be forfeited.
Tours are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability.
Passes, vouchers and coupons are not valid as payment for private tours.