Austin Zoo is currently looking for full-time team members. These positions cover a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to the tasks listed below and will occasionally include working holidays and evening hours.
Description of Work
- Full-time employment is 40 hours per week with occasional overtime opportunities
- Interacting with Zoo guests in an informal setting
- Providing outstanding guest relations for all Zoo patrons
- Accepting payment for admissions and merchandise
- Merchandising and stocking
- Cleaning and organizing
- Monitoring the feeding corral areas during opening hours
- Working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic outgoing personality
- Must be able to deal with all guests in a courteous manner
- Preference is given to applicants with an Associate’s Degree and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in one of the following positions: retail/sales, guest relations or cash handling
- Possess basic computer skills including Word, Excel, and other programs
- Able to lift 50 pounds, demonstrate excellent time management and work outdoors
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted. Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial interview.
We will begin accepting applications for our unpaid Summer Intern position on June 1st, 2017 – June 30th, 2017. Click here for more details.