Part Time Zookeeper
Austin Zoo is currently hiring for a part time zookeeper position with variable hours including weekends, holidays, and occasional evening hours.
Description of Work:
- Daily assessment/observation and care of exhibit and off-exhibit animals
- Food preparation and assessment of consumption
- Visual evaluation of health, condition, and behavior
- Keeping extensive written records
- Perform operant conditioning, behavioral management, and enrichment practices
- Interaction with zoo visitors in an informal setting
- Working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
- Qualified applicants must have minimum of a 4 year degree and preferably 2 years direct animal care experience
- Mastered basic husbandry, observation, and record keeping techniques
- Able to lift 50 pound bags of animal feed, work outdoors, and demonstrate the ability to manage their time
- Able to complete daily tasks with minimum supervision, keep detailed and accurate records and possess good oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to work within a dynamic team
- Preference will be given to applicants that have working experience with the care and handling of exotic animals to include capture and restraint, training and enrichment, diet preparation and daily maintenance of enclosures
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no phone calls or drop-ins. Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial interview.
Full Time Gift Shop
Austin Zoo is seeking a full-time Gift Shop Employee to work 40 hours, 5 days a week, including both Saturday and Sunday.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Guest relations
- Cash handling
- Answering phones
- Stocking merchandise
- General cleaning
- Scheduling parties and events
Applicants must be:
- Proficient with Word and Excel
- 2 years guest relations/sales experience
- Minimum of 2 years college
To be considered, send an email to email@example.com with a brief introduction. Please include your resume in the body of the email and not as an attachment.
NO drop-ins or telephone calls regarding this position, please.
We Are Currently Looking For Two Unpaid Spring Interns!
Please visit here for more details.