We recommend scheduling your trip early in the school year to avoid the possible unavailability of your preferred day and check-in time.
To make reservations, fill out our online field trip reservation form. After you have submitted your reservation request, an email will be sent to the primary contact’s email address. Read over the important information provided and share with all of the teachers and parents that will be attending. An Austin Zoo employee will contact you within a few days to confirm your field trip arrival date.
Our group rate for field trips is $5.00 per person. To receive the group rate, one person must pay for the entire group. You are welcome to include parents and additional siblings that might be attending with your group so that they may be eligible for the discounted rate. Parents who do not prepay must come in and pay individually, and they will be charged our full price of $11.00 for adults and $8.00 for children 2-12. Children under 2 are free.
We also offer a group rate of $6.00 per person for groups of 15 or more who are not affiliated with a school. As with the field trip rate, a reservation is required to receive the discounted rate.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, cash, and school check. Payment is due at time of check-in.
Chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their groups at ALL times and are required to accompany students for the duration of the visit. This includes reviewing and making sure students follow our Zoo rules for the safety and enjoyment of all Zoo visitors.
- PLEASE treat the animals with respect: NO yelling, taunting, teasing or throwing things at the animals or into their homes
- PLEASE respect boundaries. DO NOT lean over or cross barrier fences with any part of your body
- PLEASE stay on the trails
- PLEASE DO NOT run
- PLEASE DO NOT climb in the trees
- PLEASE leave rocks, sticks, dirt, plants, flowers and animals on the ground
- PLEASE put all of your trash in our trash cans or recycle bins
- NO unattended children
- NO pets allowed on zoo property. Service animals are permitted
- NO smoking inside the zoo. If you must, please do so in the parking lot.
- PLEASE provide your students with drinking water, as water fountains are not available on the grounds
- You are welcome to bring picnic lunches for your group.
- Animal food is NOT available for school groups
Unload and load children in the BUS parking lot located all the way to the back right corner of the regular parking lot. PLEASE DO NOT unload, load or park in the driveway or regular parking lot for safety reasons. Walk children as a group to the office, where they can wait outside during check-in. After the group has been paid for, the children can enter through our side gate.
We have a Zoo Gift Shop with zoo souvenirs, as well as soda, tea and water. We ask that there is one adult for every four children from the group in the gift shop.
From March 1 through August 31, our concession trailer is open daily from 11:00am-3:00pm, and from 11:00am-5:00pm on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and offers drinks, snacks, and shaved ice. From September 1 through February 28, the concession trailer is open Friday through Sunday from 11:00am-3:00pm. The concession stand accepts cash only.
Train rides can also be scheduled for your school group. Please contact Jeanne Polk at (512) 970-2987 for pricing and scheduling.
For Zoo Quizes, BINGO, and more, visit here.
Austin Zoo Map
Please give us a call at (512) 288-1490 with any other questions.