Austin Zoo welcomes individuals who are interested in joining our volunteer program.
What are the pre-requisites needed to apply to volunteer?
- 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or current work visa, student visa or green card
- Current driver’s license or valid identification card
- Ability to volunteer at least 8 hours per month
- Have a positive attitude and strictly adhere to our policies, procedures, grooming and Guest Relations Guidelines
- Complete an online application
- Successfully complete an interview
Also, please note that our volunteer opportunities are primarily long-term. We invest a great deal of resources into our volunteer program and do not offer one-time/short-term community service projects. Thank you!
What is the process to volunteer?
Click here to download the application, complete the application and return it to us in one of the following ways:
Mail: Austin Zoo
Attn: Volunteer Program
PO Box 91808
Austin, TX 78709
Drop your application off at our Gift Shop during regular business hours, 9:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Sunday.
We have two shifts available, seven days a week.
10:00am – 2:00pm
2:00pm – 6:00pm
Volunteer duties include the following:
Food prep for animals
Occasional grounds keeping projects
Assisting in our Gift Shop
Working directly with an animal is rare.