Updated March 4, 2022
Austin Zoo has updated its COVID-19 Protocols and general Visitor Guidelines.
Here is What You Need to Know to Plan Your Visit to the Zoo.
As an outdoor, open-air facility, the Austin Zoo offers ample room for social distancing with 20 spacious acres. We value the rAs an outdoor, open-air facility, the Austin Zoo offers ample room for social distancing with 20 spacious acres. We value the role our Zoo plays in providing the Central Texas community with safe, outdoor family experiences with nature which boost mental health and provide comfort. We look forward to welcoming you on a visit soon.
Tickets are available for purchase online or at our Admissions Trailer. No reservations are required.
- Austin Zoo is not requiring masks to be worn in the Zoo.
- Please be aware of others’ space and maintain a 6-foot distance between you and other parties.
- Avoid overcrowding at popular habitats or inside buildings. If there are others at a particular habitat, consider waiting a few minutes before approaching so everyone can have a chance to see.
- Refrain from knocking on, tapping, or touching habitat enclosures and never place your mouth on handrails.
Other Safety Tips:
- Summer days are hot in Central Texas. Please remember to wear sunscreen and/or a sun hat and bring sunglasses.
- Hot temperatures also bring the need to stay hydrated. Bottled water is available for purchase in specified areas on Zoo grounds.
- Guests are encouraged to practice good handwashing etiquette.
What Is Open or Closed:
- All animal habitats and facilities are open except one short path in front of the Genets. Some extended barrier fencing is placed around a limited number of select habitats for added distancing around COVID-susceptible animals, but those animal habitats can still be viewed
- The Gift Shop is open.
- The Feeding Area and Picnic Grove are open.
- The Zoo train is open.
- Our Concession Stand will soon be reopening.
- Our Restroom facilities are open.
- Wheelchairs and Strollers are not available for rent at this time.