- 18 years of age
- U.S. citizen or current work visa, student visa or green card
- Current driver’s license or valid identification card
- Ability to volunteer at least 8 hours per month
- Have a positive attitude and strictly adhere to our policies, procedures, grooming and Guest Relations Guidelines
- Complete an online application
- Successfully complete an interview
Please note that our volunteer opportunities are primarily long-term. We invest a great deal of resources into our volunteer program and do not offer one-time/short-term community service projects. Thank you!
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to download the application. Complete and return the application to us in one of the following ways:
Mail: Austin Zoo
Attn: Volunteer Program
PO Box 91808
Austin, TX 78709
Drop your application off at our Gift Shop during regular business hours, 9:30am-5:00pm, Monday through Sunday.
We have three shifts available, seven days a week.
- 9:00am – 12:00pm
- 10:00am – 2:00pm
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Kitchen duties
- Food prep for animals
- Habitat maintenance
- Occasional grounds keeping projects
- Assisting in our Gift Shop
Working directly with an animal is rare.