We have a variety of fun educational programs for all age groups, from stroller to senior! For additional information or reservations, please email email@example.com or call (512) 288-1490.
A special thanks to The Austin American-Statesman for their generous grant of advertising for our Outreach and Education Programs!
Friday, September 23, 2016 from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Let’s build some STEAM! Science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics that is! Homeschool families are invited for a day of learning and exploration! Learning activities from partner organizations, keeper talks and a special education animal presentation will be featured!
Kids Sight Vision will be here to conduct eye exams! So pack your lunch and join us!
Featured Partner Organizations:
- The Thinkery
- Lone Star Music School
- Kids Sight Vision – Dripping Springs Lions Club
- Lone Star Lions Eyebank
- Fun with Chemistry, University of Texas Chemistry Department
- Texas Memorial Museum
- More partners will be added as commitments are finalized
Entrance to the Zoo is $5.00 per person/$2.00 train ride. Advance reservations are required in order to receive the Homeschool Day admission price.
- For specific questions about Homeschool day email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to limited parking space, carpooling is encouraged. No drop-offs permitted
- Rain or shine, join us for a great time!
Austin Zoo Sleuths!
- When: August 13
- Time: 10 AM to 1 PM
- Price: Free with paid admission
- Ages: 2 -5 year olds and parent/guardians
- Meeting Location: Events Pavilion
Our Zoo Director, Patti Clark is an avid runner. She is training for a marathon and took a morning jog around the zoo. Patti left her running shoes on the porch behind the Gift Shop to air out and they have gone missing! Read the facts and evidence in the case file and follow the clues to determine who the culprit is.
We will have three Austin Zoo Sleuth mysteries throughout the 2016-2017 school year solve all three mysteries and you will receive a reward and your photo will be added to our Super Austin Zoo Sleuth Board and displayed at the zoo. The program is free and will help to highlight various animals at the Zoo.
This summer join us for Zoo Tots! The program is designed for a parent/guardian and a child to spend time learning together! Each month will feature a new theme. Weekly classes will focus on the monthly theme. Visit animal exhibits to get the inside scoop on their care and life history, participate in hands-on activities such as crafts or science experiments. Take home a follow-up lesson to reinforce learning.
- When: Tuesdays beginning March 1, 2016
- Time: 11 AM – 12 PM
- Price: $5 for one parent/guardian and child, $3 for a second child. (Non-members must also pay zoo admission.)
- Ages: 2 -5 year olds and parent/guardians
- Meeting Location: Education Building/Events Pavilion
- Please download the Zoo Tots registration form and email it to email@example.com.
- Or, you can call 512-288-1490 to register over the phone!
Austin Zoo is excited to share our Austin Zoo Patch Activities!
You can complete this patch on your own, or with some friends, or even with a larger group such as through scouting, a school class, or homeschoolers. Download and complete our specifically designed scavenger hunt to learn more about animals and the important mission of the Austin Zoo as a forever home for rescued animals.
The patch is designed so that you can complete it entirely in one visit to the Austin Zoo working with the Scavenger Hunt list. Or, if you wish, you can complete some activities at the Zoo with the Scavenger Hunt list, and some activities either before or after your visit to the Zoo with the Supplemental Activities list. Supplemental Activities include gathering items to give to the Austin Zoo from our Wish List, as well as more in depth activities to give you an even greater appreciation for issues that face endangered animals, like habitat destruction.
When you have completed all of the required patch activities at the Austin Zoo, stop by the gift shop to purchase either a Tiger or Peacock patch and to leave a completed copy of the Feedback Sheet.
Austin Zoo Patch Requirements:
- Ages 5-6…..5 Total Activities
- Ages 7-8…..8 Total Activities
- Ages 9-10….12 Total Activities
- Ages 11-17…20 Total Activities
Any additional questions, please call our office at 512-288-1490, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more Kid-Friendly Activities, visit here