Full Time Facilities Assistant/Groundskeeper
Austin Zoo is currently hiring for a full-time Facilities Assistant and Groundskeeper. This position covers a wide variety of tasks and will occasionally include working weekends, holidays and evening hours.
Description of Work:
- Assisting with daily maintenance of facilities and grounds
- Janitorial duties
- Occasionally running errands on behalf of the Zoo
- Trash pick up and hauling
- Working primarily out-of-doors
- Interacting with Zoo visitors in an informal setting
- Working with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a maintenance and/or grounds keeping field position
- Applicants must have and maintain a clean driving record
- Possess basic skills including safely climbing ladders and operating common power tools such as table saw, circular saws, lawn equipment, etc.
- Able to lift 50 pounds, work outdoors and demonstrate excellent time management
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please no phone calls or drop-ins. Selected candidates will be contacted for an initial interview.